User Agreement for Waxxi: Terms of Service
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms on this website. Your continued use of the Waxxi service indicates your acceptance of the amended User Agreement.
Description of Service
Waxxi is an online service offered to enable people to interact live with podcast hosts and guests, and to find and connect with other people based on the topics of the podcasts (the ’ÄúWaxxi Service’Äù). Whether seeking to collaborate, communicate, or connect with people globally, including industry experts, Waxxi users can make contact with thousands of professionals who are users of the Waxxi Service.
The Waxxi Service is not available to minors under the age of 18 or to any users suspended or removed from the system by Waxxi for any reason. Users may not have more than one active account. Additionally, users are prohibited from selling, trading, or otherwise transferring your Waxxi account to another party. If you do not qualify, you may not use the Waxxi Service.
Use of Service
Your use of the Waxxi Service is governed by this User Agreement. Waxxi may refuse service without prior notice to any user for any or no reason.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account with or without your knowledge. If you knowingly provide your login and password information to another person, your account privileges may be suspended temporarily or terminated. You agree to immediately notify Waxxi of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. Waxxi cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
You agree that Waxxi may, with or without cause, immediately terminate your Waxxi account and access to the Waxxi Service without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, the following will lead to a termination by Waxxi of a user’Äôs use of the Waxxi Service (a) breaches or violations of this User Agreement or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) unexpected technical issues or problems, and (e) extended periods of inactivity. Termination of your Waxxi account includes removal of access to all offerings within the Waxxi Service and may also bar you from further use of the Waxxi Service. Furthermore, you agree that all terminations shall be made in Waxxi’Äôs sole discretion and that Waxxi shall not be liable to you nor any third-party for any termination of your account or access to the Waxxi Service.
You understand and agree not to use Waxxi to:
- Post content or initiate communications which are unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Use the Waxxi Service for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws.
- Impersonate, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present.
- Email, post, upload, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Email, post, upload, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights.
- Email, post, upload, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, ’Äújunk mail,’Äù ’Äúspam,’Äù ’Äúchain letters,’Äù ’Äúpyramid schemes,’Äù or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to a) Using Waxxi invitations to send messages to people who don’Äôt know you or who are unlikely to recognize you as a known contact; b) Using Waxxi to connect to people who don’Äôt know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and c) Sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases.
- Email, post, upload, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Harass or stalk anyone.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Waxxi Service.
- Post content in fields that aren’Äôt intended for that content. Example: Putting a name in a title or address field.
- Interfere with or disrupt the Waxxi Service or servers or networks connected to the Waxxi Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Waxxi Service.
You agree to comply with all applicable local rules including but not limited to rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Information Provided on this Website
Access to Service
Use of manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to ’Äúcrawl’Äù or ’Äúspider’Äù any web pages contained in the Waxxi website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to monitor or copy, or allow others to monitor or copy, our web pages or the content included herein. You also agree not to ’Äúframe’Äù or otherwise simulate the appearance or function of this website. Furthermore, you agree not to take any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications, attempts to gain unauthorized access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses.
Monitoring and Enforcement
While we are not obligated to do so, we have the right to monitor activity and content associated with the Waxxi Service. Since we do not, and may not have the ability to, control or actively monitor content we don’Äôt guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality. Because community standards vary and individuals sometimes choose not to comply with our policies and practices, in the process of using our website, you may be exposed to content that you find offensive or objectionable. You can contact our Customer Service Department to let us know of content that you find objectionable. We may investigate the complaints and violations of our policies that come to our attention and may take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or subscriptions. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any content on the website.
Signing up for a basic Waxxi account is free. Certain other services are provided for free only to beta users. Waxxi reserves the right to charge for premiums to the Waxxi Service or any portion thereof, modify the pricing of, add to, or discontinue the Waxxi Service or any portion thereof without prior notice.
By accepting this User Agreement, you agree to indemnify and otherwise hold harmless Waxxi, its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and other partners from any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages resulting from i) your use of the Waxxi Service; ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your communications with or through the Waxxi Service, or iii) any other matter relating to the Waxxi Service. Any business transactions which may arise between users from their use of Waxxi are the sole responsibility of the users involved.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE WAXXI SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN ’ÄúAS IS’Äù AND ’ÄúAS AVAILABLE’Äù BASIS AND THAT WAXXI DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROMPT OR PROPER DELIVERY, OR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. WAXXI ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. WAXXI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WAXXI MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE WAXXI SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE WAXXI SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE WAXXI SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WAXXI SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WAXXI SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM WAXXI OR THROUGH OR FROM THE WAXXI SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS USER AGREEMENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The User Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Waxxi and governs your use of the Waxxi Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Waxxi.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WAXXI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WAXXI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL WAXXI’ÄôS TOTAL CUMULATIVE DAMAGES EXCEED US $100.
The User Agreement between you and Waxxi, Inc. will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of laws principles.
Waxxi, the Waxxi logo, and other Waxxi logos and names are trademarks of Waxxi, Inc. You agree not to display or use these trademarks in any manner without Waxxi’Äôs prior, written permission. The section titles of this User Agreement are displayed for convenience only and have no legal effect. Please send any questions or comments, or report violations of the User Agreement to:
Attn: User Agreement
334 Meigs Road, Ste. A334
Santa Barbara, CA 93109